I found this recipe on Pinterest and modified it just a little to fit my family's tastes.
It. Is. Delicious.
I've had a weird thing about homemade chicken since I've been pregnant. But this? I love it! Without further introduction here it is!
For the Chicken:
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 to 2 sleeves of Ritz crackers (I only needed 1 but the recipe calls for 2)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
For the Sauce:
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
- Cut each of the thawed chicken breasts into 3 pieces (NOT strips)
- Grind up the Ritz crackers (either in a food processor or put them into a Ziplock bag and crush them up with your hands).
- Pour the milk, cheese, and cracker crumbs into three separate small/medium bowls. Toss the salt and pepper in with the cracker crumbs and toss it with your hands until they're mixed well.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk, then into the cheese. You'll have to press the cheese firmly into the chicken otherwise it won't stick. Place the cheesy chicken into the cracker crumbs and press them in firmly.
(As you go through each piece of chicken the cracker crumbs will fill up with cheese. Don't worry about it. It won't change the flavor or mess anything up.)
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken in the pan. Sprinkle half the dried parsley onto the chicken.
- Cover the pan with tin foil and bake the chicken for 35 minutes.
- After the 35 minutes is up, take the foil off of the tray and bake the chicken for another 10 minutes or until the edges of the chicken are golden and crispy.
- Into a small or medium sauce pan, add the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and butter and whisk it together. Stir it over medium heat until the sauce is hot. Serve it over the chicken and sprinkle the remainder of the parsley over everything.
Enjoy! You will love this recipe and your kids probably will too.
Let me know if you make this recipe and how you like it.
My name is Hannah and I'm a lucky wife to Tom, and mama bear to two sweet girls - Charlotte & Rosalie. Coffee, lipstick, sunshine, and dresses are some of my favorite things! I love to blog about God, motherhood, "wifeyhood", food, health and much more.
Click the button below to follow me on Bloglovin'! It's kind of like the Facebook of blogs/bloggers. It's so much fun and I hope to see you over there :)