She's 28.2 lbs! She feels much heavier compared to Rosalie though!
She is about 34.5 inches tall! (Or 2 ft 10.5 inches)
Charlotte is quite the character! She is so silly and unafraid to express herself. She has so many little quirks and silly habits : she's obsessed with her belly button, she shakes her head no really fast and sticks her bottom lip out when she doesn't want something. Instead of "what are you doing" or "why did you do that" she says, "wha- doin?" and "whay do do?" Haha she cracks me up! She is obsessed with "hair-panes" (airplanes) and motorcycles (although she calls them bicycles). She is in absolute love with her baby sister Rosalie - if there is an opportunity to kiss/hug/squeeze/say how pretty Rosalie is she takes it! There is definitely no shortage of "Awww. I yuv you Roo-see"s in this house.
Charlotte is such a tomboy and it cracks me up! I always put her in pink/glittery/heart and flowers-filled clothing but she is much better suited in jean overalls and an old shirt from Goodwill. Tom and I are always laughing when we put her in frilly clothes because it's just not her! She would play in dirt and climb trees all day long if we let her. And the other day we did. She climbed fences, stained her outfit, rubbed leaves and dirt in her hair, and had the best day. I think I'll let her do it more often. :)
She calls her Cinderella book "Bookerella", she calls caterpillars "cater-bears", occasionally before dinner she'll go to the table and say, "Ya ready, Tom? Ya ready, Hannah?" Now begins the stage where we only call each other "Mom" and "Dad" I suppose!
She thinks that if someone or something isn't within reach or in her immediate vicinity then it/they must be at work because that's where daddy goes when he's not here. So whenever the doggy who lives across the street isn't out in his yard he's at work. "Doggy go work?" Haha!
She has also recently started coming up to me out of the blue to hug me, kiss me, and say, "I yuv you, Mama. So much..." It. Melts. My. Heart!!
She can say any word you ask her to and she's pretty much fully talking. That's crazy to me! Just in the last few months since Rosalie was born her vocabulary has exploded! Her favorite things to talk about are farm animals though. Tom's parents have rabbits, chickens, roosters, and ducks. If any one of those animals or if Grandma and Grandpa are mentioned she says, "Go see?? Go see??" (We're gonna go see them?") And oh my word if Grandpa is mentioned she gets the biggest grin on her face and incessantly says, "Sucker?! Sucker?! Sucker?!?!" Grandpa Naegele is known for giving all his grandbabies suckers and they don't miss an opportunity to butter him up and get one!
(He also makes killer margaritas for us adults so I'm totally not opposed to heading over to their house to get Charlotte a sucker. ;) Treats for the kids and drinks for the adults. Best in-laws ever! Haha love you, Donny!)
ANYWAY, Charlotte is extremely opinionated and stubborn (hmmm where does she get that from...) and knows exactly what she wants, when she wants it and why. (Definitely my child)!
Our Charlotte is truly one of a kind! She is sweet, sassy, and so much fun to be around. Mommy and Daddy love you, Char! Thank you for making us parents 2 years and 9 months ago, Little One. It's hard sometimes but we wouldn't change a single thing. :)
She has a very simple schedule! It's a rough idea but you get the point.
8:00 am - Wake up
Playing (usually outside)
12:00 pm - Lunch
1:00 pm - Nap for about 3 hours (Sometimes 4! Woo!)
Playing (again, usually outside)
6:00 pm - Dinner
7:00 pm - Bath (On Wednesdays & Saturdays)
8:00 pm - Bedtime!
She sleeps like an angel right through the night!
She is is so hit or miss about eating. She goes through stretches where she is such a great eater and she will eat anything and everything you put in front of her. But then some weeks I wonder how she's even alive because she just doesn't eat. I think most toddlers are this way so I guess it all balances out. A few staples she loves though are tomatoes, carrots, green peppers, applesauce, apples, raisins, bananas, pancakes, pizza, and grapes. She could eat grapes alllllll dayyyy long if I let her.
She is in some 24 month size clothes and some 2T. Mostly 2T though. She's getting so big! She wears a size 6 shoe and size 5 diapers. Sometimes it just hits me how big she's grown to be and I'm partly saddened and partly so proud. Where did my 8 lb baby go?!
- She climbs/scales anything and everything she can. Tom had her out in the yard the other day and said she was climbing our neighbor's chain link fence with no problem. We really didn't go to the park much this winter because Rosalie was so small and new so when we went for the first time this spring I was absolutely shocked at how well she was navigating everything! At the end of the summer last year she could barely walk and run without falling because she was so new to walking and not very coordinated. But now? Holy moly. This kid should teach rock climbing classes. Haha! She has no fear whatsoever...
- She has juuuust started showing interest in potty training. One day she pulled her pants down and said, "Potty?" So I tried putting her on the toilet and she got scared. We bought a kid toilet seat that fits over the big seat but she only got on that once and was still wary of it. So I finally got her a separate kid's portable toilet and she has pretty often asked to sit on it. She's scared to sit on it in the actual bathroom for some reason so usually it's in the living room or the hallway. Haha baby steps! She hasn't actually gone poo or potty in it yet but she sits on it which is a good start. My mom bought her some training underwear for her bithday so we put them on her that evening while she was playing. A little while later I went to pick her up and she had gone in her pants. She didn't even care either! She just kept playing with her toys until I made her change and put a diaper on.
- She plays pretend. The other day Tom and I were sitting in the living room and Charlotte was playing by the couch. She climbed up on top of it and yelled, "I gonna get you, lion! OH NO! Lion get me! Rawwwrrrr! No lion! I get YOU!" She was pushing on a pillow and punching it. Haha! I guess she was pretending that the pillow was a lion! It was so cute! She has played with her dolls, played with her kitchen and pretended to eat the food/make the dolls move around her dollhouse but she's never just used nothing but her imagination to create a pretend world. I love it! I'm so excited to encourage her little mind to think up fun and silly things. She's just the best. :)
Charlotte's Favorite Things
- She can't sleep without at least 5 stuffed animals in her crib with her. But not just any stuffed animals. Her monkey, her doggy, her rabbit (which accidentally got thrown away somehow and is no replaced with a doll), her soft baby doll, and her plastic baby doll. Oh and we can't forget her pink elephant!
- She is in love with the Easter eggs I bought for her this year. They're pink and they have a bunny face on them with tall bunny ears on the top. She sits and opens/closes them all day. I bring one with me wherever we go so she has something to do with her hands when we're out. But $1 I've ever spent at Dollar Tree! (There were 8 in a pack).
- She got a Little Tykes slide from my friend/her godmother Annmarie for her birthday and boy oh boy is she obsessed with it! We have it on our deck and she goes up and down it all day. She's learned that she can put her toy trucks and her dolls on it and push them down now too. Usually it's a game of "how many tries before I push the car down the slide, it goes through the railing bars and mom has to go get it". Haha silly girl!
- COLORING. I thought I'd always always have an eye on her while she colored and I swore that I would never lose track of a single crayon but... You promise yourself so many things before you have kids that just don't happen. Needless to say there are many a pen mark on my couch/chairs/walls. Haha thank goodness for magic erasers! No but really she loves to color and it's always the cutest little scribbles. I need to start saving one here and there!
- Phones. I never let her play on my phone or my ipad. Never. I don't have any kids apps for her to play with. But still, she somehow knows how to make a call, swipe to unlock, and get to the gallery on my android. Like...HOW?! Haha! I had to put a password on my iPad because she can and will get onto it. I seriously don't understand how she knows this. Ha! She has two little fake iPhones that she's received as gifts and she loves to pretend to call everyone on them. She hands me one and says, "Hello? Mama? How're you??" She's also learned how to vlog like Mommy. She takes her phone, holds it up and says, "Hey guys!" and "Thanks for watching! Subscribe! Byeeee!" It's too cute. #youtuberkids
Our Favorite Things About Her
- Charlotte is so silly! I love her craziness around the house. We moms all have those days where we wish we had the house to ourselves. But if Tom takes her somewhere and the house is quite it just doesn't feel right! It's a little too quiet. Haha! I love her silliness for sure.
- She is extremely loving, loyal, and compassionate. She wants to hold our hands all the time, she gives us hugs and kisses very freely. She will randomly say, "I yuv you, Mommy" and kiss me. But her favorite person to show love and loyalty to is Rosalie. She wraps her arms around her baby sister all the time and just wants to hold her. She's so tender and soft with her. Whenever Rosalie gets a checkup and the doctor is examining her Rosalie cries. Charlotte gets extremely protective and says, "No! Rosalie crying! No Mama!" She wants me to stop the doctor from "hurting" Rosalie. I explain that the doctor is helping Rosalie but of course she doesn't quite understand yet. It's sad and cute at the same time! I love their little friendship!
Oh and on the compassionate side of things - whenever she sees a crucifix in our home or at church she says, "Aww. Jesus crying? Poor Jesus. Jesus sad." and she blows Him a kiss. There is also a statue in our church of the Blessed Virgin holding Christ after He was taken down from the cross and whenever Charlotte sees that she says, "Blessed Mother sad. I sorry. I love you, Blessed Mother." It's the sweetest! She is so loving...
Well I think that's about it! Thank you so much for reading Charlotte's 2 year update. She is growing like a weed and I can't even do anything to freeze her where she is! Every mom's dream right?! But I also love to watch her grow, learn, explore and change. I'm so proud of my Charlotte girl and I'm honored to be her Mama. We love you, Char!
Let me know in the comments if you have a child about the same age. I'd love to hear about your little one's quirks and favorites!
I hope you all have a wonderful day!
My name is Hannah and I'm a lucky wife to Tom, and mama bear to two sweet girls - Charlotte & Rosalie. Coffee, lipstick, sunshine, and dresses are some of my favorite things! I love to blog about God, motherhood, "wifeyhood", food, health and much more.
Click the button below to follow me on Bloglovin'! It's kind of like the Facebook of blogs/bloggers. It's so much fun and I hope to see you over there :)