She's 28.2 lbs! She feels much heavier compared to Rosalie though!
She is about 34.5 inches tall! (Or 2 ft 10.5 inches)
Charlotte is quite the character! She is so silly and unafraid to express herself. She has so many little quirks and silly habits : she's obsessed with her belly button, she shakes her head no really fast and sticks her bottom lip out when she doesn't want something. Instead of "what are you doing" or "why did you do that" she says, "wha- doin?" and "whay do do?" Haha she cracks me up! She is obsessed with "hair-panes" (airplanes) and motorcycles (although she calls them bicycles). She is in absolute love with her baby sister Rosalie - if there is an opportunity to kiss/hug/squeeze/say how pretty Rosalie is she takes it! There is definitely no shortage of "Awww. I yuv you Roo-see"s in this house.
Charlotte is such a tomboy and it cracks me up! I always put her in pink/glittery/heart and flowers-filled clothing but she is much better suited in jean overalls and an old shirt from Goodwill. Tom and I are always laughing when we put her in frilly clothes because it's just not her! She would play in dirt and climb trees all day long if we let her. And the other day we did. She climbed fences, stained her outfit, rubbed leaves and dirt in her hair, and had the best day. I think I'll let her do it more often. :)
She calls her Cinderella book "Bookerella", she calls caterpillars "cater-bears", occasionally before dinner she'll go to the table and say, "Ya ready, Tom? Ya ready, Hannah?" Now begins the stage where we only call each other "Mom" and "Dad" I suppose!
She thinks that if someone or something isn't within reach or in her immediate vicinity then it/they must be at work because that's where daddy goes when he's not here. So whenever the doggy who lives across the street isn't out in his yard he's at work. "Doggy go work?" Haha!
She has also recently started coming up to me out of the blue to hug me, kiss me, and say, "I yuv you, Mama. So much..." It. Melts. My. Heart!!
She can say any word you ask her to and she's pretty much fully talking. That's crazy to me! Just in the last few months since Rosalie was born her vocabulary has exploded! Her favorite things to talk about are farm animals though. Tom's parents have rabbits, chickens, roosters, and ducks. If any one of those animals or if Grandma and Grandpa are mentioned she says, "Go see?? Go see??" (We're gonna go see them?") And oh my word if Grandpa is mentioned she gets the biggest grin on her face and incessantly says, "Sucker?! Sucker?! Sucker?!?!" Grandpa Naegele is known for giving all his grandbabies suckers and they don't miss an opportunity to butter him up and get one!
(He also makes killer margaritas for us adults so I'm totally not opposed to heading over to their house to get Charlotte a sucker. ;) Treats for the kids and drinks for the adults. Best in-laws ever! Haha love you, Donny!)
ANYWAY, Charlotte is extremely opinionated and stubborn (hmmm where does she get that from...) and knows exactly what she wants, when she wants it and why. (Definitely my child)!
Our Charlotte is truly one of a kind! She is sweet, sassy, and so much fun to be around. Mommy and Daddy love you, Char! Thank you for making us parents 2 years and 9 months ago, Little One. It's hard sometimes but we wouldn't change a single thing. :)
She has a very simple schedule! It's a rough idea but you get the point.
8:00 am - Wake up
Playing (usually outside)
12:00 pm - Lunch
1:00 pm - Nap for about 3 hours (Sometimes 4! Woo!)
Playing (again, usually outside)
6:00 pm - Dinner
7:00 pm - Bath (On Wednesdays & Saturdays)
8:00 pm - Bedtime!
She sleeps like an angel right through the night!
She is is so hit or miss about eating. She goes through stretches where she is such a great eater and she will eat anything and everything you put in front of her. But then some weeks I wonder how she's even alive because she just doesn't eat. I think most toddlers are this way so I guess it all balances out. A few staples she loves though are tomatoes, carrots, green peppers, applesauce, apples, raisins, bananas, pancakes, pizza, and grapes. She could eat grapes alllllll dayyyy long if I let her.
She is in some 24 month size clothes and some 2T. Mostly 2T though. She's getting so big! She wears a size 6 shoe and size 5 diapers. Sometimes it just hits me how big she's grown to be and I'm partly saddened and partly so proud. Where did my 8 lb baby go?!
- She climbs/scales anything and everything she can. Tom had her out in the yard the other day and said she was climbing our neighbor's chain link fence with no problem. We really didn't go to the park much this winter because Rosalie was so small and new so when we went for the first time this spring I was absolutely shocked at how well she was navigating everything! At the end of the summer last year she could barely walk and run without falling because she was so new to walking and not very coordinated. But now? Holy moly. This kid should teach rock climbing classes. Haha! She has no fear whatsoever...
- She has juuuust started showing interest in potty training. One day she pulled her pants down and said, "Potty?" So I tried putting her on the toilet and she got scared. We bought a kid toilet seat that fits over the big seat but she only got on that once and was still wary of it. So I finally got her a separate kid's portable toilet and she has pretty often asked to sit on it. She's scared to sit on it in the actual bathroom for some reason so usually it's in the living room or the hallway. Haha baby steps! She hasn't actually gone poo or potty in it yet but she sits on it which is a good start. My mom bought her some training underwear for her bithday so we put them on her that evening while she was playing. A little while later I went to pick her up and she had gone in her pants. She didn't even care either! She just kept playing with her toys until I made her change and put a diaper on.
- She plays pretend. The other day Tom and I were sitting in the living room and Charlotte was playing by the couch. She climbed up on top of it and yelled, "I gonna get you, lion! OH NO! Lion get me! Rawwwrrrr! No lion! I get YOU!" She was pushing on a pillow and punching it. Haha! I guess she was pretending that the pillow was a lion! It was so cute! She has played with her dolls, played with her kitchen and pretended to eat the food/make the dolls move around her dollhouse but she's never just used nothing but her imagination to create a pretend world. I love it! I'm so excited to encourage her little mind to think up fun and silly things. She's just the best. :)
Charlotte's Favorite Things
- She can't sleep without at least 5 stuffed animals in her crib with her. But not just any stuffed animals. Her monkey, her doggy, her rabbit (which accidentally got thrown away somehow and is no replaced with a doll), her soft baby doll, and her plastic baby doll. Oh and we can't forget her pink elephant!
- She is in love with the Easter eggs I bought for her this year. They're pink and they have a bunny face on them with tall bunny ears on the top. She sits and opens/closes them all day. I bring one with me wherever we go so she has something to do with her hands when we're out. But $1 I've ever spent at Dollar Tree! (There were 8 in a pack).
- She got a Little Tykes slide from my friend/her godmother Annmarie for her birthday and boy oh boy is she obsessed with it! We have it on our deck and she goes up and down it all day. She's learned that she can put her toy trucks and her dolls on it and push them down now too. Usually it's a game of "how many tries before I push the car down the slide, it goes through the railing bars and mom has to go get it". Haha silly girl!
- COLORING. I thought I'd always always have an eye on her while she colored and I swore that I would never lose track of a single crayon but... You promise yourself so many things before you have kids that just don't happen. Needless to say there are many a pen mark on my couch/chairs/walls. Haha thank goodness for magic erasers! No but really she loves to color and it's always the cutest little scribbles. I need to start saving one here and there!
- Phones. I never let her play on my phone or my ipad. Never. I don't have any kids apps for her to play with. But still, she somehow knows how to make a call, swipe to unlock, and get to the gallery on my android. Like...HOW?! Haha! I had to put a password on my iPad because she can and will get onto it. I seriously don't understand how she knows this. Ha! She has two little fake iPhones that she's received as gifts and she loves to pretend to call everyone on them. She hands me one and says, "Hello? Mama? How're you??" She's also learned how to vlog like Mommy. She takes her phone, holds it up and says, "Hey guys!" and "Thanks for watching! Subscribe! Byeeee!" It's too cute. #youtuberkids
Our Favorite Things About Her
- Charlotte is so silly! I love her craziness around the house. We moms all have those days where we wish we had the house to ourselves. But if Tom takes her somewhere and the house is quite it just doesn't feel right! It's a little too quiet. Haha! I love her silliness for sure.
- She is extremely loving, loyal, and compassionate. She wants to hold our hands all the time, she gives us hugs and kisses very freely. She will randomly say, "I yuv you, Mommy" and kiss me. But her favorite person to show love and loyalty to is Rosalie. She wraps her arms around her baby sister all the time and just wants to hold her. She's so tender and soft with her. Whenever Rosalie gets a checkup and the doctor is examining her Rosalie cries. Charlotte gets extremely protective and says, "No! Rosalie crying! No Mama!" She wants me to stop the doctor from "hurting" Rosalie. I explain that the doctor is helping Rosalie but of course she doesn't quite understand yet. It's sad and cute at the same time! I love their little friendship!
Oh and on the compassionate side of things - whenever she sees a crucifix in our home or at church she says, "Aww. Jesus crying? Poor Jesus. Jesus sad." and she blows Him a kiss. There is also a statue in our church of the Blessed Virgin holding Christ after He was taken down from the cross and whenever Charlotte sees that she says, "Blessed Mother sad. I sorry. I love you, Blessed Mother." It's the sweetest! She is so loving...
Well I think that's about it! Thank you so much for reading Charlotte's 2 year update. She is growing like a weed and I can't even do anything to freeze her where she is! Every mom's dream right?! But I also love to watch her grow, learn, explore and change. I'm so proud of my Charlotte girl and I'm honored to be her Mama. We love you, Char!
Let me know in the comments if you have a child about the same age. I'd love to hear about your little one's quirks and favorites!
I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Tell me a little bit about yourself:
Hey there! My name is Hannah and I’m from Ohio. I started dating my (now) husband Tom when I was 17 and he was 19. We got engaged when I was 18, got married when I was 19 and had our beautiful daughter Charlotte when I was 20. Talk about a domino effect! Haha! Usually when I tell people that they say, “So…you planned it that way?!” Yes, we did! My husband Tom and I are both old souls at heart and both feel so much older than we actually are. Sometimes I still feel like an excited, rowdy 15 year old but most of the time I feel like a 40 year old mentally. I think my best friends would disagree because I act like I’m 10 when we get together. But don’t we all? Ha!
Anyway, I love taking care of my daughter and our home all day. But I also knew that I wanted something more for myself. I tried my hand at making YouTube videos weekly but it became too much for me as my daughter was 4 months old at the time and I couldn’t always set up a camera, do my makeup and get a video edited. I was also still adjusting to life as a new mom. I actually looked at other YouTubers who had blogs too and thought, “Blogs seem really boring. How do they have fun writing a blog?” But then it hit me! It was the perfect solution for me! I love to write, I can type and type and type all day without being too loud and waking Charlotte up from her nap (like I was when I was making videos), and I love taking pictures. I thought, “How did I not think of this before?!” So now I am the proud mama behind mrsandmommy.com! Other than my amazing husband and our beautiful little 8 month old, my blog is my passion. I love to inspire, help, and encourage others and I definitely use my blog to do just that.
Describe your mommy uniform:
Oh boy, people. My “uniform” varies like crazy. Some days if Charlotte is content and letting me get ready I’ll do my makeup, hair, and even wear a cute dress and flats! Other days? My hair is up in a messy bun (not the cute kind), I’m wearing a t-shirt, pajama pants, and slippers. My teeth might not even be brushed until 1pm. (Mamas, you know what I mean.) Most days around the house I wear leggings or some black sweat pants, a cute sweater and my moccasins.
What is your strategy when getting dressed for the day?
When I’m getting dressed, that is, if I’m getting dressed, I usually think, “What can I wear that I won’t mind getting spit up on, dish water splashed onto, or mashed peas rubbed all over. Usually I’m really good about staying clean throughout the day, but when it rains it pours as they say! I would love to say I wear a tulle skirt and vintage heels to vacuum my floors but I can’t. I like to look cute but also keep things realistic. So think less Macy’s and more Old Navy.
What is your favorite clothing item?
My favorite clothing item is probably my nautical shirt from Charming Charlie!
Describe your cleaning/organizing routine:
What I Aim For:
What Actually Happens:
It takes me 3 hours to do 10 dishes in the sink because I wash one, then Charlotte wants a snack so I run to the cupboard to get cheerios for her while she’s playing in her high chair. Then she notices me there again and wants me to pick her up. I try to distract her. She cries until I rummage through my drawers and try to distract her with a measuring cup. Success! I get one more dish done. She drops the measuring up and starts to cry. There is a foul smell coming from her diaper so now I take her to the changing table. I try to put her back in her high chair but she’s cranky from teething so I try to coax a frozen teether into her mouth. Success! I get one more dish done. She drops the teether and starts to cry.
Repeat until all dishes and housework are done. Haha!
Truthfully that doesn’t happen every day. Some days she plays quietly on the floor for an hour and I’m able to get everything on my list done! It just depends. And I wouldn’t have it any other way. ☺
What is the one household chore that you wish you were better about?
The bane of my existence is laundry…
Haha! Okay it’s not that bad. But I really dislike it. The washing and drying is okay but folding it and putting it away is like my kryptonite. I delay it and delay it and then, shoot, I need that sweater and it’s crumpled up in a ball at the bottom of the laundry basket. Guess I’m wearing a different one…
The laundry may not be done but I do feel that one of my strengths around the house is decorating. Others may not have the same taste as me but I really like the way I’ve set things up.
What give you the most “mommy guilt”?
I feel guilty about doing things for myself when I could be doing something for my husband or daughter. I can’t buy a $3 shirt from Goodwill without thinking that I’m destroying our budget or that I could have spent that on a pack of baby wipes. Even working on my blog feels like a waste of time usually. Don’t get me wrong, I love my blog and I’m so passionate about it. But I think of it as time that I’m spending on myself/something I love to do instead of playing peek-a-boo with Charlotte. My husband has to remind me sometimes that I need to do things for myself. When I want to go to dinner with friends or family I usually start to think of how selfish I’m being by leaving him with Charlotte. “What if she screams the whole time? I won’t be home until past her bedtime and she won’t sleep unless I’m there. I should just stay home.” Tom has to basically shove me out the door and demand that I have fun. (Thanks, Babe!) I guess that’s why God chose women to be mothers though. We would walk to the ends of the earth for our babies, so not going out to El Rancho Grande for the evening because Charlotte has a runny nose seems like nothing to me. I am getting better at telling myself that if I never carved out time for myself to be alone or time for my husband and I to be alone, I would go crazy. I now take advantage of Tom’s help more often and run to the store on my own or let him take her out somewhere while I stay home and get things done on my blog.
What gives you the most “mommy pride”?
Seeing Charlotte smile. When she is happy and smiling I could not ask for anything more. I think, “Hey, maybe I am doing something right after all.” It’s the most rewarding feeling on earth knowing that she has that smile on her face because I have taken care of her. She’s my own, little, personal, tiny human that I am responsible for. That smile is an indication that her dad and I are doing an alright job. Her happiness means more to me than my own life!
Have a wonderful day!
My "Boo Boo"is 8 months old and my goodness what a month it has been! She is doing all sorts of new tricks including standing! Let's just say I have my hands full, I'm running around all over the place getting her out of things, trying to babyproof everything and I'm losing a few pounds in the process. Haha I don't think I've been this active since high school soccer (which is really sad)! Let's jump right into Charlotte's info...
8 MONTH STATS
19 lbs. 5 oz.
28 inches tall
Charlotte's personality has really come through this month. She is so headstrong and very opinionated. She knows when I correct her or say "No" that she isn't getting her way and that usually doesn't sit well with her. Sometimes she reacts with just a little sign and whimper, but other times it's a full on straightening of her body, legs and arms being thrown everywhere, cry, kick and scream fest. She's just like her Mama! Haha!But she is also a very sweet baby. She's very caring. The other day I was watching a movie that made me cry and she sat next to me and stared at me with a look of concern on her face. She then nestled herself into my arms and cuddled with me for a few minutes (which she never does)! Charlotte is such a sweet little baby and I am so honored that she is mine forever :) These 8 months have been so amazing that I can't even put them into words. I love my little "Boo Boo"!
Ha! What schedule?
Well, she has a bedtime but that's about it.
Generally she gets up between 8 and 9am. About 2 hours later she takes a nap for maybe an hour or two. Then around 4 or 5 she takes another nap for about an hour or an hour and a half. I start getting her ready for bed at 7:30pm. I feed her, give her a bath (only using soap every 3rd night) then I put lotion on her, sometimes read a book, and then she goes to bed at 8:30.
I am going to re-sleep train her this month. It's a goal!
I still nurse her about 4 times per day. Maybe once or twice in the middle of the night (which will change soon like I said). But I nurse her before each nap, at bedtime, and usually another time if she needs comfort. Like I said above, she is standing now and therefore falls sometimes, gets so upset, and needs a little comfort from her Mama. Of course I'm sad that she got hurt but at the same time I love that she just wants me to comfort her :)
I am also feeding her a lot of chopped, cooked fruits and veggies lately! She loves them - especially avocado.
She also loves tomato, carrots, beans, celery, and yellow bell pepper.
She is still in 9-12 month clothing and some 18 month clothes as well!
Her diapers are size 3.
She's growing like a weed...
I hope you enjoyed this update about our little girly!
It's so bittersweet to watch her grow - as all you moms can relate to.
Comment and let me know if you have a little one around Charlotte's age and if they do anything similar! I'd love to compare notes!
Don't forget to follow me on social media below!
Have a great day!
Charlotte is such a big girl! She has learned so much in the last months since her 6 month post. It's crazy how fast she picks things up. She's crawling, scooting, getting into everything and anything she can get her hands on, teething, not sleeping, and growing growing growing...
CHARLOTTE'S 7 MONTH
18 lbs. 13 oz.
27 inches tall/long
Well obviously I am just a tad bit biased because I'm her mom but she is the cutest little baby girly in the world. Just had to point that out! ;)
But honestly, my poor little girl has had a rougher month than usual. She is teething, we moved so she'e way out of her comfort zone, and I hate to say it but since we have hardwood floors now pretty much all over the house she keeps bonking her little chin on the floor and it's just so sad. Our apartment was mostly carpeted before so that's what she was used to. I've been trying to keep her on a soft blanket but...let's be real...she doesn't stay in one spot for more than 2 seconds. Ha!
So...remember that post I made about how amazing I think sleep training is? I still think it's awesome but after a month of sleeping through the night...she no longer does. Ha! Basically her schedule is...nothing. She doesn't have one. We moved two days after Christmas and it was hard for all of us, especially her, to sleep in a new place. She's also smack dab in the middle of teething. I decided to wait a few weeks after moving into our new house to start sleep training her again. Her naps are sporadic as well. She just naps when she's tired or when we get in the car. But usually, there are only 2 or 3 naps per day: a morning nap, an afternoon nap, and sometimes an early evening nap depending on how cranky she is around that time.
The only thing that regularly happens is that we try to start her bedtime routine around 8pm. She eats, gets a bath, I put lotion on her, pj's, maybe a story, then I nurse her to sleep.
She still nurses on demand, and will for a few more months at least. I now give her Gerber oatmeal cereal in the morning after I've had my breakfast, and then at night before her bath I give her more oatmeal cereal and a baby food of choice.
Charlotte is in 9 month and 12 month clothing. She's a big baby!
She is juuust about to finish up her size 2 diapers and then in about a week she'll be in size 3. I know...I'm cheap.
Like I said last month, I feel great! I don't feel "postpartum" anymore. I feel completely back to myself which is awesome! I'm still taking my prenatal vitamins because I am still nursing but other than that I'm just...me!
Don't forget to follow me on social media below!
Thank you so much for reading all about my sweet girl.
I hope you have a wonderful day!
My name is Hannah and I'm a lucky wife to Tom, and mama bear to two sweet girls - Charlotte & Rosalie. Coffee, lipstick, sunshine, and dresses are some of my favorite things! I love to blog about God, motherhood, "wifeyhood", food, health and much more.
Click the button below to follow me on Bloglovin'! It's kind of like the Facebook of blogs/bloggers. It's so much fun and I hope to see you over there :)