I found this recipe on Pinterest and modified it just a little to fit my family's tastes.
It. Is. Delicious.
I've had a weird thing about homemade chicken since I've been pregnant. But this? I love it! Without further introduction here it is!
For the Chicken:
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 to 2 sleeves of Ritz crackers (I only needed 1 but the recipe calls for 2)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
For the Sauce:
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
- Cut each of the thawed chicken breasts into 3 pieces (NOT strips)
- Grind up the Ritz crackers (either in a food processor or put them into a Ziplock bag and crush them up with your hands).
- Pour the milk, cheese, and cracker crumbs into three separate small/medium bowls. Toss the salt and pepper in with the cracker crumbs and toss it with your hands until they're mixed well.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk, then into the cheese. You'll have to press the cheese firmly into the chicken otherwise it won't stick. Place the cheesy chicken into the cracker crumbs and press them in firmly.
(As you go through each piece of chicken the cracker crumbs will fill up with cheese. Don't worry about it. It won't change the flavor or mess anything up.)
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken in the pan. Sprinkle half the dried parsley onto the chicken.
- Cover the pan with tin foil and bake the chicken for 35 minutes.
- After the 35 minutes is up, take the foil off of the tray and bake the chicken for another 10 minutes or until the edges of the chicken are golden and crispy.
- Into a small or medium sauce pan, add the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and butter and whisk it together. Stir it over medium heat until the sauce is hot. Serve it over the chicken and sprinkle the remainder of the parsley over everything.
Enjoy! You will love this recipe and your kids probably will too.
Let me know if you make this recipe and how you like it.
B A B Y S T A T S
Well I think this week we are going to start with a
We had our anatomy ultrasound the other day and found out that Baby Naegele is a...
We are so excited!! My closest sister is 8 years older than me and the other one is 18 years older so I never had a sister close in age with me. I'm so glad Charlotte and this baby girl will grow up to be best friends! What a special friendship :) We are absolutely thrilled to be having another girl. Tom kind of wanted a boy but then after the ultrasound he couldn't stop smiling. He loves Charlotte so much and he said he cant wait to have two crazy girlies running around the house. I can't either!
At first I thought, "Oh great! I won't have to go buy much of anything for this baby since she's a girl! BUT Charlotte was born in May and this one will be here in November so...basically I'll have to start over and buy everything new. Haha but I'm not complaining! Shopping for baby girls is so much fun. I absolutely love it!
This week she is practicing her swallowing and her body is busy producing meconium which she will pass in her first diaper. (Oh I've missed those tiny newborn diapers!!) She is moving and somersaulting all over the place and I am starting to think she's just like her big sister - active and silly!
The ultrasound technician told me that baby girl is 11 ounces and that she is about 16.5 cm long - about the size of a
M O M M Y S T A T S
So in my 18 week pregnancy update I thought I had lost weight again and that I had only gained 2 lbs so far in this pregnancy BUT I was weighed yesterday at my midwife's office and I have gained about 6 lbs I think! I'm glad that I have gained more weight than I thought but that it's not too much. I think I had gained more than double that at this point in my pregnancy with Charlotte so I'm pretty happy!
Still need 'em! Haha but I am going THIS WEEKEND to get some more. I just cannot wait any longer!
Sleep has been rough. Between my back and my restless legs it's a little tricky. Thankfully my husband lets me prop my feet up on him and use him as a human pregnancy pillow. Haha! I also use every pillow I can get my hands on at night. I also ball up the sheets and use them too!
Best Moment From Weeks 19 + 20
Well, obviously one of them was getting to see my sweet girl on the "big screen" on Monday! It was absolutely wonderful. She refused to give us a look at her profile so the picture we got of her head was her face straight on. It was so cute! Seeing her on the screen and feeling the movements to go along with it was something else. I can't explain how special it felt!
Another wonderful thing is feeling her movements a lot more often and a lot more pronounced now. She sticks out her little legs and stretched out her arms and she is big enough now that I can feel all of it. It's amazing.
I'm not sure how many other adjectives I can use to describe it all. :)
Still allllll the fast food. ;)
Still diapers. I have no idea why or how long this will last but it better be gone by the time of delivery because then I'll be changing 2x the amount of diapers!
- Good news! I went to my physical therapist and she determined a few things. During about the 8th week of pregnancy a woman's body starts releasing a hormone called relaxin which softens the pelvis to prepare for birth. Without this, the baby probably wouldn't fit so it's a very good thing! In my case however, since I had Charlotte just over a year ago my pelvis still hasn't hardened back up yet from her delivery. So now that I'm pregnant again I'm getting more relaxin but my pelvis is already soft so it's getting more than it needs. Being that it's overly soft it's going out of place; one side is leaning forward. She has given me a few stretches and some core exercises to do and they've helped a lot! Whenever I'm in a little pain I do the stretches she showed me and ice that spot on my lower back for about 15 minutes. And of course, as usual, Tom is an angel and helps me so much when I'm doing that or if I'm in any pain. Last night he gave Charlotte her back and get her to sleep for me. I honestly don't know how I would have done it. My "back" was hurting so badly. He's my hero!
- Lately I've had a surge of energy around 8pm when Charlotte goes to bed. The other night I was up until 1am getting things done and I wasn't even tired! Of course the next day I was wrecked with exhaustion but...that's why someone discovered coffee - for moms like me with crazy pregnancy symptoms. ;)
Happy or Moody?
So happy! Of course I was so in love with our baby before I knew the gender but now that I know I feel much more connected with her. I have been over the moon knowing that the sweet baby inside of me is another girl. I can't wait to meet her!
My Midwife Says
My appointment was really short this week but we listened to baby's heartbeat and she was strong and healthy and that I am too. I feel so blessed to have such a healthy baby and a healthy pregnancy. What a gift from God :)
Well there we have it! I'm halfway through my pregnancy and cannot wait to meet our little girl!
Let me know in the comments if you're experiencing the same things in your pregnancy. I'd love to know!
Have a wonderful weekend :)
B A B Y S T A T S
Baby is flexing his or her arms and legs like crazy these days (and I can feel some of it!). Baby's ears are now in the correct, final position, and his/her blood vessels are visible through the skin. If baby is a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If baby is a boy, his genitals are clearly visible. How interesting! I had no idea that reproductive organs formed this early. It's really a miracle that any of this occurs. Babies are just...miracles. :)
Baby is about 5.5 inches long and weighs approximately 7 ounces. He or she is the size of a
LARGE BELL PEPPER
M O M M Y S T A T S
Well, my belly is definitely growing but I'm not gaining any more weight. I think I even lost a pound or two. This is the total opposite of my pregnancy with Charlotte where I gained probably 10 or 15 lbs by this point. I go in for my next appointment in a few weeks so I'll see what they say!
Still don't have many. Still need many. Haha I've been putting off a shopping trip but I don't think it can wait any longer. I need to go ASAP! My poor non-maternity shirts are so stretched...
Sleep is tricky lately for a few reasons. My back doesn't allow me to get into the positions I need to be in. For instance one of the only positions that is comfortable to me is laying on my back with my knees up (picture sitting Indian-style but while laying on your back) but I'm not allowed to lay on my back because it could cut off blood supply and harm the baby. So then I lay on my side like I'm supposed to but that makes my back hurt. So then I want to put one knee up but I'm not allowed per my physical therapist who says that will make my back worse. Hahaha I think I might as well just sleep standing up! Being in weird, unfamiliar, uncomfortable positions all night means that I usually wake up with aching muscles now too. So there's that. But it's a good thing I get coffee in the morning. My one saving grace... ;)
Best Moment From Weeks 17 + 18
I think the best moments are probably just when I get to feel the baby kick. He or she is always making their presence known in the lower left region of my belly. I get little pokes and nudges sometimes where I think baby is just letting me know they're still there. I love those little reminders! They can turn any hectic or stressful moment into a happy one. Babies are just good like that! :)
Still the same - I want to cry when I pass a drive-thru that I'm not in. Haha I just want some fries, DANGIT. It's really pretty pathetic...
Still diapers. It's the strangest thing! Even a regular diaper with no poo makes me gag like crazy! It's really embarrassing in public because people probably think, "Wow. Your daughter is HOW old and you're gagging over a diaper with pee in it? Get a hold of yourself!" It's so weird. I could change the worst, messiest diaper on the planet before I was pregnant and I wouldn't even flinch. Now? Tom better be home or it'll be the death of me. lol.
Honestly I have no idea anymore what I think this baby is! No incling whatsoever. I swore baby was a boy up until a few weeks ago and now I just have no idea. My brain can barely remember my own name lately so I think it's done guessing genders. lol. Only a few more days until we find out!
- Hot flashes are still a thing. They come on so unexpectedly and bring on dizziness too. Thankfully they are not as bad or as often as they were before!
- My back is still absolutely awful. I'm going to the physical therapist this week and hopefully they can help!
- Low blood sugar? When I was pregnant with Charlotte I would get really really hungry but I could live with it if I had to (like if I was at work or something and couldn't leave to get food). This time, if I go more than 2 hours without eating something I might as well be dead! Okay, that's a little dramatic. But I'd say I get very shaky and weak. My body just sort of shuts down. I have to make sure to keep a snack on my at all times. Or...you know...drive-thrus are nice... >:)
Happy or Moody?
Both! Sometimes I let my emotions get the best of me and I just cry for literally no reason at all. I sit there while I'm crying and think, "What is making me so upset?" and I go through different things that I think could upset me but none of them are it. You know what IS it? Hormones. I cry just because my body is like, "Huh. It's been a few days. Let's just open the flood gates for 10 minutes and see what happens. Yeah, that sounds fun." 5 minutes later I'm happy as clam! Haha pregnancy is just pure craziness I tell ya...
My Midwife Says...
Nothing this week because I haven't been to see her. BUT I'm sure she'd say everything is looking just perfect!
I'm sorry if it seems like nothing changes from week to week! It seems like that to me a lot. I try to think of different things that I'm experiencing but it always ends up being...the same. But, I'm happy with that too because the fact that my pregnancy is pretty uneventful means that everything is going smoothly and that baby is fine. That's the part I love. :)
I hope you a wonderful week and I love you all!
My name is Hannah and I'm a lucky wife to Tom, and mama bear to two sweet girls - Charlotte & Rosalie. Coffee, lipstick, sunshine, and dresses are some of my favorite things! I love to blog about God, motherhood, "wifeyhood", food, health and much more.
Click the button below to follow me on Bloglovin'! It's kind of like the Facebook of blogs/bloggers. It's so much fun and I hope to see you over there :)