B A B Y S T A T S
Our Baby Cakes is now looking much more like how he/she will look when they're born! Baby's ears and eyes are now in the right positions more toward the front of his/her head. Toenails are growing, baby's heart is now pumping 25 quarts of blood per day, and baby will start doubling in size in the next few weeks!
He or she is 4.5 inches long, about 3.5 oz in weight, and is the size of an
M O M M Y S T A T S
I have gained 4 lbs so far. Yay for getting fatter! ;)
Well...I need them soon. AND GUYS. My husband Tom said the other day, and I quote, "We need to go on a summer clothes shopping spree soon!" A man said that. A husband said that. Willingly. WHAAAAT?? ;) Haha no but we really do. So hopefully we can go soon because my shirts are taking a little bit of a beating with this growing belly.
Sleep has been interesting. I guess not really the sleep itself but falling asleep. I've been such a night owl lately. I think I'm a night owl at heart but I usually go to bed around 10 or 10:30 just because I have a toddler who gets up at 6:30. Lately I will stay up until 12 or 12:30 just because I have energy...weird right?
Best Moment From Weeks 15 +16
I felt the baby move for the first time right after I turned 14 weeks!! I couldn't believe I was feeling him/her so early but there was no mistaking it. I felt the baby push up in one spot on my belly and they stayed there for about 5 seconds then sunk back down into my belly again. It was so sweet! I missed that feeling of a baby moving inside of me so much and it was so incredible to know baby is in there safe and sound :)
I also got to hear the baby's heartbeat for a full 30 seconds! Haha it was really special. I love hearing that sound :)
Still fast food, and anything savory. I usually have a huge sweet tooth but during this pregnancy it's been all about the savory foods. Pretzels, chips, popcorn...I want it all!
This is so weird but diapers. ANY diapers. Pee, poo, anything. They make me gag! I mean, it's nothing new to me. I've changed diapers every day for over a year so I'm used to pretty much everything but for some reason I just cannot stand them lately! I pass Charlotte to Tom whenever he's home and that's been a huge help. During the day I'm on my own though and she just laughs at me when I change her diaper. Haha this too shall pass...
Yep. I still think baby is a boy. We find out on July 6th and I cannot wait!! Only a few more weeks! Hopefully baby cooperates!
Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope
- My gag reflex is still crazy. Brushing my teeth, changing a diaper, or stick a pen in my mouth to hold it with my teeth while I do something else? Yep. I'll gag. Ew.
- I still get hot sometimes but thankfully they've decreased a LOT and I only get them if I'm running around the house to get things done but then I'll just sit on the couch under the ceiling fan and I'm okay again after a few minutes.
- My back is broken. Not actually broken of course but it's killing me. If you didn't see my Life Update post that I put up the other day you can find that here! But basically, my lower back has been hurting so badly that I can't move sometimes. I'm going to my first physical therapy appointment on June 30th so hopefully they're able to find the problem and fix it. It's been a little ridiculous and quite painful to be honest. I'm trying to stay positive though! :)
- I have also noticed that I get dizzy every time I get up off the couch or out of bed too quickly. That's completely normal but just...inconvenient!
Happy or Moody?
Mostly happy thankfully! Everything is going great and I feel so blessed to be carrying this new little life inside of me. I can't wait to kiss and snuggle him or her in November!
My Midwife Says...
She said that everything is going amazingly with my pregnancy and that baby is just the right size and has the perfect heartbeat. I'm so happy :)
Well that wraps it up for weeks 15 and 16 of my pregnancy! Sorry this post is so late but...crazy life things have been happening. Again, click here to see my Life Update post from the other day.
I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll see ya later!
B A B Y S T A T S
Baby can now squint, frown, pee, and possibly suck his/her thumb! Baby's kidneys are producing urine which he/she releases into the amniotic fluid around him/her. By the end of the 14th week, baby's arms will have grown to a size which is in proportion with his/her body. The legs are still lengthening. He or she is developing a peach fuzz all over their body too!
Baby measures 3.5 inches long and weighs 1.5 oz. He or she is the size of a large
M O M M Y S T A T S
I think I've gained 2 or 3 lbs mayyybe? It depends on what time of day I weigh myself. (Haha aint that always the case?) I go to the midwife on the 8th so I'll get an official weight then.
Well...I'm that in-between phase where a lot of my regular clothes don't fit around my waist but maternity clothes are too big. Plus, what maternity clothes I do have are all winter items so I need to go shopping...DARN. ;)
I might be able to pull off some regular shirts for a little longer but my "be super trendy and tuck your shirt into your bottoms" days are over for awhile it looks like!
My sleep is mostly good! I have had a few nights here and there where I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep. I was wide awake! Thankfully I had some articles saved on my phone to read and a I fell asleep a little bit later. It wasn't too bad. I am also getting uncomfortable sleeping on my back lately. It makes my stomach feel empty and therefore hungry...and this girl doesn't need full access to the cabinets late at night.
(My husband then next day: "Where are all the Oreos??"
So I sleep on my stomach or sides most of the time. So farewell, back sleeping. I'll see you in December, old friend...
Best Moment From Weeks 13 + 14
It's the little things...
First, I showed Charlotte my belly and tried to have this sweet moment with her where I would point to my belly and say, "Baby brother or sister! Give baby a kissy!" And in this magical scenario Charlotte would kiss my belly and it would be just adorable. What actually happened? She stuck her finger in my belly button and laughed hysterically. Hahaha then so did I... She's so silly and I love it.
I also love it when Tom kisses my belly. I know it's really hard for guys to become emotionally attached to the baby until he first feels baby kick or even until birth so I think it's really cute that he already loves our baby so much. I sure do! It's amazing how much more you love your spouse when they are loving your children. It's absolutely incredible. Love you, Tom!
None yet! Like I said last week, I didn't feel Charlotte until 16 weeks so I probably have a few weeks to go. I can't wait! That's my favorite part of pregnancy.
Same as last week - fast food! I'm a frequent customer at Chipotle and Chic-Fil-A. Well...frequent to me anyway since I normally don't eat out a ton. I still can't believe I'm not 800 lbs though...
All the same stuff. Avocados, things that are extra sugary (including coffee sadly...), and weirdly now cilantro. Noooo! Not my beloved cilantro! I think it tastes like how stink bugs smell. Weird? Yes. I blame baby. ;) I usually love it on everything.
I still think it's a boy. Tom wants a boy so badly that he thinks it's a girl. Haha he's trying reverse psychology on my womb...not sure it's going to work! But of course he would be so happy with a girl. He's in love with Charlotte and he'd be the best daddy to two daughters!
- I still can't brush my teeth or put anything in my mouth besides food without gagging. Charlotte is constantly wanting to stick her spoon or fork or toys in my mouth and I gag every time. Actually, now that I think about it, food does make me gag sometimes - but after I'm done eating. This happened when I was pregnant with Charlotte too but I get junk in my throat after every meal and then I have to cough to get it out. But then, it makes me gag. That's gross. Sorry that you had to read it...lol.
- I'm still getting hot flashes galore! Oh it is so much fun when it's 85 degrees outside and I have a hot flash too ;)
- My lower back is also hurting and causing me a lot of trouble. It's getting worse and worse lately. It's my sciatic nerve on the lower left side. The same thing happened with my pregnancy with Charlotte so I went to the chiropractor like twice a week for a long, long time and absolutely nothing helped. Haha I think I killed the doctor's confidence in his work because every time he'd ask me if I felt better and I'd say no. His face was always one of, "Are you kidding me? I must suck then." Hehe he was really good but...I think my back is too far gone during pregnancy. lol.
Happy or Moody?
I think I've been pretty happy! Other than the aches and pains and not being too happy about those I feel pretty good! My energy is coming back and the sickness if dying down finally! I feel so much better :)
My Midwife Says...
Well I haven't seen my midwife since the last pregnancy update so click HERE to see my 12 week pregnancy update and see what she had to say then!
Well that wraps it up for my 14 weeks pregnancy update!
I'm so happy to finally be caught up with my updates now that I'm feeling so much better.
Definitely let me know if you're pregnant too and if you're feeling the same things I am!
Have a wonderful day!
B A B Y S T A T S
Our little baby Naegele is now moving his/her fingers, curling their toes, and is making sucking motions with his/her mouth. Baby is growing very rapidly and is now two inches long! Baby weighs half and ounce and is the size of a
M O M M Y S T A T S
I have still not gained any weight.
My midwife said that they aren't concerned with my weight gain as long as baby measures the right size and he/she is!
Sleep is normal! My restless legs have been much better although they aren't gone. (They will probably flare up later in my pregnancy like last time). I still wake up with a crazy full bladder but that's it really.
Best Moment From Weeks 11 + 12
I went to another midwife appointment this week and heard baby's heartbeat! I'm not going to lie though - I was pretty disappointed because I literally only heard 4 beats of baby's heart before the midwife took it off my belly. Umm...wth? I was really looking forward to listening to the baby for a moment and I barely realized that I was hearing the faint heartbeat before she turned off the machine. I'm so happy that I did hear it and know that everything is fine but at the same time I went to my car and cried afterwards. Haha I promise it was still the best moment from this week though! Even though it almost sounds depressing...Ha!
No movement yet! I felt Charlotte for the first time around 16 weeks so I guess I'll be waiting a few more weeks to feel baby move.
Fast food. Any and all fast food. Haha it's terrible. I try to stay away from the drive thru but I'm not always successful... I mostly still just want french fries but anything from McDonald's or Chipotle or anywhere with a drive-thru sounds amazing to me!
It's so hard to keep track lately... There are just so many of them. The same things as before. It's not really anything specific now though - it's random things I taste or smell throughout the day. Something I thought smelled amazing will repulse me 10 minutes later. Haha it's crazy.
Still counting down the weeks until my 20 week ultrasound where we (hopefully) find out the gender!
- I can't put anything in my mouth (besides food) or it makes me gag. If I brush my teeth I gag. If I put my retainer in I gag. If I swallow a pill I gag. Everything is an enemy to my mouth. Haha what a weird symptom! I had the same thing for the first trimester with Charlotte too and I heard a lot of other moms say the same thing. I wonder what causes it! Let me know in the comments if you experience this too or if you know what causes it.
- Hot flashes have been plaguing me lately. I am constantly laying on the couch under the ceiling fan because I get hot even just standing up. If my adrenaline goes up at all I get overheated. Charlotte almost fell off the couch onto the hardwood floor the other day and I lunged to catch her. That was it - I was doomed to be hot for awhile after that. What on earth!
- The only other thing I can think of is that my lower back has been hurting a little. It's hard to pick Charlotte up sometimes but right now it's not too too bad thankfully.
Happy or Moody
Both I guess? Most of the time I'm happy but when I get a hot flash or I'm nauseous I tend to get really frustrated and "moody" I guess. This pregnancy has been harder on me than Charlotte's but I'm trying to stay positive!
My Midwife Says...
- At my last appointment they told me my blood pressure was a little high but that it wasn't a big deal because my BP has always been really normal and I have no history of it being high. (Honestly it's probably because I was running late to the appointment and I was rushing into the office... Woopse!)
- They also told me that baby's heartbeat sounds good and normal!
- I had lost three pounds since my last appointment and the midwife said that they aren't too concerned about my weight as long as baby is measuring to be the correct size - and he/she is so far. Thank goodness!
Well I think that wraps up weeks 11 and 12! As always, let me know in the comments if you're experiencing the same things in your pregnancy / past pregnancies as I am. I'd love to hear from you!
Have a FANTASTIC day!
My name is Hannah and I'm a lucky wife to Tom, and mama bear to two sweet girls - Charlotte & Rosalie. Coffee, lipstick, sunshine, and dresses are some of my favorite things! I love to blog about God, motherhood, "wifeyhood", food, health and much more.
Click the button below to follow me on Bloglovin'! It's kind of like the Facebook of blogs/bloggers. It's so much fun and I hope to see you over there :)