B A B Y S T A T S
Baby girl's brain is rapidly developing right now and her taste buds are too! Her lungs are growing and looking more and more like yours and mine. Her skin is still thin and translucent but that will change very soon. Her body is still developing the organs and the deposit of brown fat which helps her retain her body heat after birth - something newborns are notoriously bad at. She is officially viable outside the womb with the quick development of her lungs. So if I went into labor today, although rough and extremely risky, she could survive with the extensive help of intensive care services. Let's go another 16 weeks though, baby girl!
She is growing like crazy and is now approximately 1 lb. 5 oz and 12 inches long or so. She's about the size of an
EAR OF CORN!
M O M M Y S T A T S
I had my monthly midwife appointment this week and I've gained 8 lbs so far. Definitely not as much as I "should" be gaining but they said I'm perfectly healthy, baby girl's heartbeat is strong, and that she's right on target for size so they are fine with only 8 lbs so far. Yay!
Oh yes. I tried to squeeze into a non-maternity shirt for the bump picture up at the top and it barely covered my belly so...I'm officially in all maternity clothes.
Basically...I'm a whale. ;)
Sleep has been tricky. I have restless legs, restless arms, restless everything...Haha! I need to be better about taking/consuming more magnesium because that's sometimes the cause of restless legs/body. All I want to do at night is lay on my stomach which, of course, isn't really much of an option these days. Soooo....yeah.
Best Moments From Weeks 23 + 24
- First, it was our 2 year wedding anniversary last week! If you didn't see my post about that (which includes pictures from each stage of our relationship + wedding pictures) then click HERE to go check it out! Anyway, it was a Monday so Tom got some picnic food on his way from work and we had a picnic in the park with Charlotte. It was so nice! We ate, played, swang, and talked about how much has happened in the last 2 years. Two years, two baby girls, and two million kisses has been pretty wonderful... :)
- Baby girl has a name! After a LOT of thought we finally made it official. I've decided not to publicly post her name until she's born because we have told some friends and family what her name is and - somehow - people have become upset about what we are naming our baby. That just makes no sense to me. If ya don't like it - #sorrynotsorry. #hatersgonnahate
Anyway, I decided if people I know can get upset about it thennnn...I'm not going to subject her name to more ridicule from strangers online so you'll just have to wait until November! Or December if we're being realistic. (I'll probably be overdue like last time...lol.) But it was still a best moment because I love being able to say her name now!
- Charlotte has started kissing my belly! I'll say, "Where is baby sister?" or "What is baby sister's name?" and she *tries* to say it and kisses my belly. It is seriously the sweetest thing on earth and I love it!
Haha pretty much everything these days... Is it loaded with carbs? Yes? Then I want it all. the. time.
Things still smell like stinky feet to me. My husband thinks I'm crazy! I'll randomly stop and say, "Do you smell feet?" and every single time he's like, "Babe...no. You asked me that earlier too and I still don't smell it!" Haha poor guy. His wife gets a little crazy when she's preggo...
Nope nope nope.
- My back seriously feels so much better! I haven't even stretched in the last few weeks at all and it feels amazing. If I do something kind of strenuous then it might flare up a little but the pain is nowhere near what is used to be. Thank heaven! My physical therapist said that the hormones can change from time to time and it might cause the pain to go away so hopefully it's for good! I was not looking forward to being in labor with that intense back pain. Honestly that might have hurt worse than the labor itself because if I couldn't get into a certain position then my back pain was excruciating. I can't imagine getting contractions, not being able to move, and also feel like someone is stabbing me in the lower back/pelvis with a knife. Nope. At that point I'd say, "Yeah, I'll have one c-section and a large fry please. JUST NUMB ME." Ain't nobody got time for immobilizing pain.
- I've been a little more tired recently. I think that's just because I'm creeping up on my third trimester. I've been trying to take it easy. Well, as easy as one can take it while taking care of a toddler, running a home, running a blog, and preparing for a newborn. So...I've been on my feet all day every day. Haha! But I'm not like...climbing up onto chairs to scrub down the cabinets like I was when I was pregnant with Charlotte. (Nesting made me a crazy person.) I haven't quite started that yet with this baby girl but...we'll wait and see how crazy I get in the next few weeks/months if I have the energy. Oh boy!
Happy or Moody?
So happy! I absolutely cannot wait for my sweet little miss to arrive. I feel her kicking all day long and I just want to kiss and snuggle her so badly. I'm having severe newborn withdrawals and November can't come soon enough! I'm so excited. :) Hurry, little lady!
My Midwife Says...
When I went in last week she said baby girl's heartbeat is strong and healthy. She is measuring right on target and all my tests are coming back perfectly! I do have to take the glucose test next time I go though. I'm a little worried because we are going to a party the day before with lots of sugary things to eat so...pray I can resist eating them lest I develop gestational diabetes. lol. I think the same thing happened when I was pregnant with Charlotte though - we went to a party the day before and I ate a lot of sugar. I didn't have GD though so I hope I'm good this time too.
Thanks again for following along on my pregnancy journey with me! I'm so glad I decided to document this. I wish I could look back on my mom's pregnancy with me and see all the things she was feeling and doing and compare it to my own. I hope Charlotte and this baby enjoy looking back on my pregnancies with them someday!
Let me know in the comments if you're experiencing some of the same things as me in your own pregnancy. I'd love to hear!
Have a wonderful day!
My name is Hannah and I'm a lucky wife to Tom, and mama bear to two sweet girls - Charlotte & Rosalie. Coffee, lipstick, sunshine, and dresses are some of my favorite things! I love to blog about God, motherhood, "wifeyhood", food, health and much more.
Click the button below to follow me on Bloglovin'! It's kind of like the Facebook of blogs/bloggers. It's so much fun and I hope to see you over there :)