B A B Y S T A T S
Our little baby Naegele is now moving his/her fingers, curling their toes, and is making sucking motions with his/her mouth. Baby is growing very rapidly and is now two inches long! Baby weighs half and ounce and is the size of a
M O M M Y S T A T S
I have still not gained any weight.
My midwife said that they aren't concerned with my weight gain as long as baby measures the right size and he/she is!
Sleep is normal! My restless legs have been much better although they aren't gone. (They will probably flare up later in my pregnancy like last time). I still wake up with a crazy full bladder but that's it really.
Best Moment From Weeks 11 + 12
I went to another midwife appointment this week and heard baby's heartbeat! I'm not going to lie though - I was pretty disappointed because I literally only heard 4 beats of baby's heart before the midwife took it off my belly. Umm...wth? I was really looking forward to listening to the baby for a moment and I barely realized that I was hearing the faint heartbeat before she turned off the machine. I'm so happy that I did hear it and know that everything is fine but at the same time I went to my car and cried afterwards. Haha I promise it was still the best moment from this week though! Even though it almost sounds depressing...Ha!
No movement yet! I felt Charlotte for the first time around 16 weeks so I guess I'll be waiting a few more weeks to feel baby move.
Fast food. Any and all fast food. Haha it's terrible. I try to stay away from the drive thru but I'm not always successful... I mostly still just want french fries but anything from McDonald's or Chipotle or anywhere with a drive-thru sounds amazing to me!
It's so hard to keep track lately... There are just so many of them. The same things as before. It's not really anything specific now though - it's random things I taste or smell throughout the day. Something I thought smelled amazing will repulse me 10 minutes later. Haha it's crazy.
Still counting down the weeks until my 20 week ultrasound where we (hopefully) find out the gender!
- I can't put anything in my mouth (besides food) or it makes me gag. If I brush my teeth I gag. If I put my retainer in I gag. If I swallow a pill I gag. Everything is an enemy to my mouth. Haha what a weird symptom! I had the same thing for the first trimester with Charlotte too and I heard a lot of other moms say the same thing. I wonder what causes it! Let me know in the comments if you experience this too or if you know what causes it.
- Hot flashes have been plaguing me lately. I am constantly laying on the couch under the ceiling fan because I get hot even just standing up. If my adrenaline goes up at all I get overheated. Charlotte almost fell off the couch onto the hardwood floor the other day and I lunged to catch her. That was it - I was doomed to be hot for awhile after that. What on earth!
- The only other thing I can think of is that my lower back has been hurting a little. It's hard to pick Charlotte up sometimes but right now it's not too too bad thankfully.
Happy or Moody
Both I guess? Most of the time I'm happy but when I get a hot flash or I'm nauseous I tend to get really frustrated and "moody" I guess. This pregnancy has been harder on me than Charlotte's but I'm trying to stay positive!
My Midwife Says...
- At my last appointment they told me my blood pressure was a little high but that it wasn't a big deal because my BP has always been really normal and I have no history of it being high. (Honestly it's probably because I was running late to the appointment and I was rushing into the office... Woopse!)
- They also told me that baby's heartbeat sounds good and normal!
- I had lost three pounds since my last appointment and the midwife said that they aren't too concerned about my weight as long as baby is measuring to be the correct size - and he/she is so far. Thank goodness!
Well I think that wraps up weeks 11 and 12! As always, let me know in the comments if you're experiencing the same things in your pregnancy / past pregnancies as I am. I'd love to hear from you!
Have a FANTASTIC day!
My name is Hannah and I'm a lucky wife to Tom, and mama bear to two sweet girls - Charlotte & Rosalie. Coffee, lipstick, sunshine, and dresses are some of my favorite things! I love to blog about God, motherhood, "wifeyhood", food, health and much more.
Click the button below to follow me on Bloglovin'! It's kind of like the Facebook of blogs/bloggers. It's so much fun and I hope to see you over there :)